- Most commonly used output device.
- Monitor size is indicated by the diagonal length of viewing area.
- Common sizes are 15,17,19,21 inches.
- Larger size monitors have advantage to display more information at one time.
- Clarity is based upon the resolution, which is measured in pixels.
- Pixels are individual dots that forms image on the screen.
Basic standards of monitors resolutions
1) SVGA (Super Video Graphics Array):
- Offers resolution 800 by 660.
- Used in 15 inches monitors.
2) XGA (Extended Graphics Array):
- Offers resolution 640 by 480 pixels with 65535 and 1024 by 768 pixel with 256 colors.
- Used in 17 and 19 inches monitors.
3) SXGA (Super Extended Graphics Array):
- Offers resolutions 1280 by 1024 pixels.
- Popularly used in 19 and 21 inches monitors.
4) UXGA (Ultra Extended Graphics Array):
- Offers resolution 1600 by 1200 pixels.
- Newest standard and its popular to increase dramatically.
- Used in high engineering design and graphics arts.
- Contains a cathode consisting of thick heated wire that is covered with a glass tube, which is vacuum sealed to eliminate resistance.
- Cathode emits stream of electrons into the tube and travels down its length.
- These electrons are attracted and accelerated by anode (positive terminal).
- After getting high speed they are strucked to phosphorescent screen at the end of tube.
- This causes to glow that part.
- String coils consists of copper wire wrapped around the picture tube itself, to create magnetic fields that steer the electron beam to distinct pixel on the screen.
- This group of distinct pixels form an image on the screen.
- Color television uses three electron beams at once.
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) or Flat-Panel monitors :
- There are two types of LCD monitors.
- Passive matrix:
- Creates images by scanning entire screen.
- Requires less power but clarity is not sharp.
- Active matrix:
- Also called as TFT (Thin Film Transistor).
- Each pixel is independently activated.
- More colors with clarity can be achieved.
- Requires more power and are expensive.
Other types of monitors:
Ebook readers, data projectors, high definiton television. Specially used for reading books, making presentation, and watching television.
- Handheld, booksized devices that display text and graphics.
- Used to read books, magazines and entire books.
- Commonly used for presentation in classrooms and seminar halls.
- There are two types of projectors LCD projectors and DLP projectors.
High definition Television (HDTV):
- Set of digital television that offers good resolution and sharpness.
- Horizontal resolution is 1080 pixels and veritcal resolution is 1920 pixels.
- Allows motion Tracking.
- Allows full featured editing (view real time video and effects without rendering).
- Helpful for artists, designers, engineers etc.
Set your theme of operating system in such a way that, it will reduce eye strain and headache problems.
Like theme of my website
CodesandTutorials © 2014 All Rights Reserved