- Stands for Switch Mode Power Supply
- Supplies power supply to every single part of the computer system.
- Main function is to convert 230 Volts AC into 3.3V, 5V, 12V DC power.
- Also ensures that system doesn't run unless the power supply is enough to operate the system properly.
- To convert analog current to direct current using rectifiers and vice-versa using invertors. Similarly AC-AC using frequency changer and DC-DC using convertors.
- To step up or step down unregulated dc input voltage to produce regulated dc output voltage.
- To inverting and producing multiple dc output voltage for required parts using various converter.
- Protection from short circuit and over load.
Never try to repair SMPS yourself, if you dont know about it.
CodesandTutorials © 2014 All Rights Reserved