- Commonly used input device to enter text.
- Contains various types of keys such as alphanumeric, punctuation and special keys.
- Alphanumeric keys - letters and numbers.
Punctuation keys - comma, semicolon, point so on..
Special keys - function keys, control keys, navigation keys so on..
- Control keys that can performs an action(function), when held in combination with another key such as ctrl + a.
- Various layouts are ABCDE, XPeRT, QWERTY and AZERTY but QWERTY and AZERTY are commonly used.
- Wide range of keyboard designs are available such as traditional, ergonomic, folding etc.
- Connecting ways of keyboard are serial port, usb port and wirelessly.
- Every character typed from keyboard is sensed as keystroke by the CPU.
- These keystrokes deposits a scan code which are stored in keyboard interface chip to have synchronization between keyboard and CPU.
- CPU processes these keystrokes and results the output in the form of display or command.
- Shift + Delete = Deletes the selected file or folder permanantly without placing in the recycle bin.
- Ctrl + Shift while dragging an item = Creates shortcut of selected item
- Alt + Enter = Shows properties of selected item.
- Alt + Spacebar = Opens the shortcut menu for the active window.
- Alt + Tab = Switches between the open applications.
- Ctrl + Esc = Opens Start menu.
- Holding shift while inserting CD = Prevents the CD from automatically playing.
- Windows logo button + Break = Displays System properties dialog box.
- Windows logo button + D = Shows the desktop.
- windows logo button + M = Minimizes all windows.
- windows logo button + E = Opens My computer.
- Windows logo button + F = Searches for file and folder.
- Windows logo button + L = Logoff the current user.
- Windows logo button + R = Opens run dialog box.
- Windows logo button + F1 = Opens Windows help.
- Ctrl + Windows logo button + F = Searches for computer in the network.
- F2 = To Rename selected item.
- F3 = Search for file or folder.
Did you know, why bank website provides on-screen keyboard.
Becasue when you type your username and password via keyboard, these keystrokes can be caught by malicious viruses on your computer and then send to unknow user (hacker).
CodesandTutorials © 2014 All Rights Reserved