Devices that are capable of storing, reading and writing data or information on storage media called as storage devices.
- There are many ways of storing information and data for the modern computers.
- Personal computers allows lot of information to store which are smaller and easy to handle like pen drive, portable hard disk, memory card etc.
- Purpose of storage devices to hold data even when computer is turned off.
- Storage capacities are increased from MB to GB, GB to TB and now TB to PB (Peta Byte).
Types of storage
- In volatile data or information is lost when power supply is cut off.
- Storage devices are faster than non-volatile storage devices.
- E.g.: RAM, cache memory etc.
- In nonvolatile data or information is not lost even when power supply is cut off.
- Non-volatile storage devices are slower than volatile storage devices.
- E.g.: hard disk, optical disc, memory card, magnetic tape etc.
Store your data on web
If your shortage with storage space, here is the solution to store your data on the web for free.
CodesandTutorials © 2014 All Rights Reserved