Hub is a connecting device in which various types of cables are connected to centralize network traffic through a single connecting point.
- Hub with multiple ports are used to connect topologies, segments of LAN and to monitor network traffic.
- It manages and controls the send and received data to and from the computers.
- Hub works on the physical layer of OSI or TCP/IP model.
- To avoid collision of data CSMA/CD protocol is used and protocol varies depending upon the vendor.
- Can store, amplify, split and retransmit the received signals.
- Requires additional electronic circuit for performing different functions.
- It does work of repeater to amplify the signal, so it is also called as repeater.
- Can only forward received signal without amplifying it.
- It doesn't content any additional electronic circuit.
- Performs functions of both active and passive hub.
- Quickly routes the signals between the ports of hub.
- Also performs different functions of router and bridge.
- So it is called as intelligent hub.
Now purchase USB network hubs available in the market, which are affordable and easy to use.
CodesandTutorials © 2014 All Rights Reserved